It's been a great few months of activities focused on informing the community about our regional National Conservation Area's. With over 500 members of the public and four organizational partners participating we are proud of our accomplishments so far this year.
Some highlights include:
- A successful Crazy about Canyons dinner held at Carlson Vineyards on May 3rd.
- McInnis Canyon NCA 3rd grade scavenger hunt where almost 400 third graders were able to explore and learn about our canyons.
- A fun and informative trail monitoring class to kick off our 2014 trail monitoring season.
Upcoming events include:
- Gunnison River cleanup hosted by CCA, West Slope Adventurers, Grand Junction and Montrose BLM Field Offices on July 26th, 2014.
- Colorado River Cleanup in Ruby Horsethief.
- Fall 2014- Two wilderness hikes to celebrate the 50th anniversary of our wilderness areas.
- Other events and outings to be announced including a membership mixer at Hot Tomato in Fruita.