General Event Overview:
Join the fun in Escalante Canyon while helping to teach 3rd grade students in District 50J. This trip has eight activity stations through which students rotate in small groups (12-20) depending on class sizes. During the day students will listen/learn /participate in all eight activities and receive a stamp in their “passport book” at each station upon completion.
We're looking for volunteers to help staff eight knowledge stations covering topics ranging from predator-prey dynamics to ranching practices both then and now! Rest assured you don't need to be an expert to help out, we have everything you'll need to be successful no matter your own level of knowledge!
Time Commitment for Volunteers:
For this trip you can commit to participating on one or more of the dates. Per day, you can commit to a full day or just a half day as follows:
- Morning commitment: 9:00 A.M. - 12:15 P.M
- Afternoon commitment: 12:15 A.M. - 2:15 P.M.
- All day commitment: 9:00 A.M. - 2:15 P.M. (bring a lunch or snack)
Volunteer Duties & Provided Support:
- Station Managers (all activities and materials will be provided, including sample scripts for volunteer educators) stations to choose from include Archaeology, Birds, Geology, Tamarisk, Biological Soil Crust, Predator/Prey Dynamics, Cottonwood Trees, and Ranching
- Trail Directors to keep participants on course between stations
- General Support w/ breakdown at the end of each day
For Questions: Please contact NCA Stewardship Coordinator, Bry Kuhlman
email@example.com or 970-263-7902