On Saturday, September 16th the Western Colorado Astronomy Club is having a public viewing of the night sky above Rabbit Valley and CCA supporters are invited!
The early evening viewing will include the planets of Jupiter and Saturn, with the possibility of Neptune and Uranus sitings as well! Later on, we'll get to view deep space objects such as star clusters, nebula, and galaxies-- far, far away...
Important Event Notes:
- The actual viewing will start about 30 minutes after sunset, however, participants are welcome to arrive earlier to watch and learn as WCAC members set up between 5 and 7 telescopes!
- The road is rocky/narrow w/ drop offs. Please arrive before dark.
- Excessive clouds or bad weather will cancel the event.
Directions to Astronomy Viewing Area:
- Go west on Interstate 70 and take Exit 2, Trail Through Time
- Turn right (north) at the top of the off ramp
- Turn left (west) on the dirt road before the gate
- Follow the main dirt road for 1.1 miles and turn right (north) at the Rabbit Valley North campground sign
- Proceed for 0.1 miles
- Turn left (west) and park in the field