Colorado Canyons Association invites you to join us for a journey into the past with celebrated and retiring BLM archaeologist Glade Hadden!
This hike is full as of 2/13/17. If you would like to join the waiting list, please click the button below.
On this special guided hike, we will tour the Eagle Rock Shelter archaeological site in the Gunnison Gorge NCA, which is becoming one of the more significant archaeological sites in North America! Along the way, we'll follow the winding canyon of Lawhead Gulch, which contains ancient tidal channel and river deposits, as well as dinosaur tracks and a stone tool working site. Prepare yourself for amazing canyon vistas and an informative, once-in-a-lifetime learning experience!!
For Your Consideration:
- Space is limited to 40 participants and an RSVP is required.
- No children under 10 years of age.
- We request that you do not bring your pup.
- In the event of rain and mud, the hike is subject to postponement.
- The hike is roughly a two-mile loop, but the trail is somewhat steep in the first 1/4 mile. This hike is rated as intermediate.
For questions and more information, contact CCA's Education Director Rob Gay at 970-263-7902 or firstname.lastname@example.org