Hike Through a Jurassic Landscape with CCA
Join CCA's Education Director and paleontologist, Rob Gay, on this fun, one-day trip through McInnis Canyons NCA! We will be hiking to some of the most significant paleontological sites within the NCA. We will start the morning by visiting the first dinosaurs discovered in the NCA at Dinosaur Hill before heading over to the Fruita Paleontological Area to see fossils in the ground and learn about new discoveries being made. This will be followed by lunch at the Hot Tomato in Fruita (not provided). After our lunch break we will journey out to Rabbit Valley to see the world-famous Mygatt-Moore Quarry and hike a portion of the Trail Through Time where a complete dinosaur skeleton lays entombed in the rock, for those willing to explore. Finally the day will end with a tour of the Dinosaur Journey museum in Fruita.
- $80/person for members, $125/person for non-members
- Group Limit
- 10 people
- 15 to adult
- Physical Condition
- You will be hiking on established, maintained trails throughout the day. Participants should be in good physical condition and able to hike at least 3 miles in fall hiking conditions.
- Refund Policy
- Payments will be refunded if cancellations are made 10 or more days before trip departure. No refunds for cancellations will be given after that time.
- In event of CCA needing to cancel the trip due to outside circumstances you will receive a full refund, less a $25 booking fee.
- CCA will provide water and snacks for this trip. You are responsible for your own lunch at Hot Tomato.