The Earth Beneath Our Feet
A Special Archaeology & Geology Hike to Eagle Rock Shelter
Led by Glade Hadden and Dr. Dave Noe
Colorado Canyons Association invites you to join us for a journey into the past with celebrated BLM archaeologist, Glade Hadden, and locally famous geologist, Dr. Dave Noe!
This special guided hike will tour the Eagle Rock Shelter archaeological site in the Gunnison Gorge NCA, which is becoming one of the more significant archaeological sites in North America! Along the way, we'll follow the winding canyon of Lawhead Gulch, which contains ancient tidal channel and river deposits as well as dinosaur tracks and a stone tool working site. Prepare yourself for amazing canyon vistas and an informative, once-in-a-lifetime learning experience!!
For Your Consideration:
- Space is limited to 40 participants and an RSVP is required.
- No children under 10 years of age.
- In the event of rain and mud, the hike is subject to postponement.
- The hike is only a few miles round trip, but the trail is rather steep and arduous in places and crosses some patches of rough terrain.
- Please RSVP to reserve your spot and to receive information about where to meet and what to bring.
- Questions? - Contact CCA's Education Director Rob Gay at 970-263-7902 or email@example.com
A big thank you to our event co-sponsors: