Open Position: Business and Finance Manager
Position Description: Part-time hourly position, 15-20 hr/week based in Grand Junction
Colorado Canyons Association (CCA) is a growing nonprofit organization fostering community stewardship of our National Conservation Lands with a focus on Dominguez-Escalante, Gunnison Gorge, and McInnis Canyons National Conservation Areas (NCAs) in western Colorado. CCA brings nearly 3,000 students out on the land for science-based education and recreation while completing a wide-range of restoration and public lands interpretive activities.
Winner of the BLM’s 2016-2017 nationwide ‘Partnership Excellence Award’ CCA has a diverse board of directors and membership representing a wide cross-section of NCA interests in the region, with a strong commitment to working partnerships with Bureau of Land Management (BLM), local municipalities and other community leaders.
The Business & Finance Manager will work in coordination with, and in support of, CCA staff on the accounting and business management aspects of the organization.
Primary responsibilities described below may also include support for other organizational tasks and programs. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Accounting and bookkeeping
- Help CCA maintain a high standard of accounting principles and practices
- Enhance and manage CCA’s grant tracking system and work
- Payroll/941 and state (AZ and CO) income tax reporting, unemployment insurance, 403b, W-2s and 1099s
- Bank and credit card reconciliation, online transactions, checking and other accounts
- Expense reporting
- Accounts payable and receivable, coordinating with staff on grants and contracts
- Monthly close out of the CCA bookstore locations
- Other accounting needs as determined
- Manage items critical to administration and nonprofit status (audits, licenses, reporting, board meetings, etc.) at both federal and state level, in coordination with staff
- Overall responsibility for the weekly and monthly bookstore management activities
- Support program staff in grant administration and event registration logistics
- Manage office (office supplies, subscriptions, maintain supplies, etc.)
- Manage staff timesheets and benefit hours as well as office credit card
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, accounting, finance or related field; five years of bookkeeping or accounting; experience with nonprofits
- Strong experience for marketing and graphic design (Adobe Illustrator preferred)
- Familiar with nonprofit organization pledges and tracking requirements, budget vs actual analysis, and grant administration
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online Nonprofit Edition, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Ability to learn and use Little Green Light CRM
- A self-starter with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work independently with minimal day to day supervision
- Ability to pass a federal background check
- Special Job Requirements: Periodic travel around Colorado, flexible work hours, including some weekend and evening hours on short notice. A valid Colorado Driver’s license is required.
- Wages: $18/hr - $22/hr dependent on qualifications and experience, 403B retirement match
- Email a cover letter and resume to Joe Neuhof at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business and Finance Manager” in the subject line.
- Please, no phone calls, this position will remain open until 5pm on Tuesday, June 19th.