How to Submit & Entry Deadline -
- Photos will be judged on the depiction of place and the portrayed character of the pup!
- Photos must be taken from within one of the NCAs:
- Email your high-resolution pics (ideally 300dpi) to email@example.com by no later than midnight on Friday, August 10th.
- The subject line should read "My NCA Pup" and your email should include your name and phone number, your dog's name, and the location of the image.
- Please, no more than 5 submissions per pooch.
About the Contest - Each year, with the community's support, we make a dog-focused calendar full of pictures of YOUR dogs to celebrate the unique dog-friendly landscapes of our NCAs! Plus, a portion of the proceeds from our 2019 calendar will help to support our land and river stewardship work in the NCAs.
Why a Dog Calendar? - Aside from the fact that dogs are super cute, did you know that our regional National Conservation Areas represent the only permanently protected public landscapes where dogs are allowed! Have you and your pup ever explored the trails in Devil's Canyon or floated the Colorado River through Ruby-Horsethief Canyons (both of which are within the McInnis Canyons NCA)? If so, then you know exactly what we mean when we say the NCAs offer some of the best, close-to-home terrain for pups and their people that you'll find on the western slope.
A Few Extra Words on Dogs - While we certainly encourage everyone to bring their dogs on hikes, rides or floats in the NCAs we also ask that you be responsible for doing so. A few tips to keep in mind:
- It's hot out there! - Bring plenty of water for your pup and keep an eye on their pads throughout the summer heat!
- Be conscience of wildlife! - Know how your dog interacts with wildlife and take precautions to ensure your pup doesn't harass animals who call the NCA home or vice versa. Having your pup off leash can be dangerous so be cautious when making that choice.
- Clean up after your pup! - At many trailheads, you'll find doggie bags available to clean up after your pooch, but the reality is that's not a guarantee. Plan ahead and bring your own bags as well!
And finally....check out these photos for inspiration!