Each year, CCA staff and education volunteers work with K-12 schools in Mesa, Delta and Montrose counties to introduce over 2,500 students to their National Conservation Areas through environmental education field trips that are specifically aligned with state curriculum standards.
We have a variety of trips already scheduled for this spring and have listed those below using an asterix to indicate those where volunteer educators (no experience necessary) are needed!
spring 2017 Student Education Events:
- Rough Canyon Field Day - Thursday, April 13th
- Orchard Avenue Walk-A-Thon - Tuesday, April 25th
- "Archaeology is Awesome" Skinner Cabin Trip w/ DIA - Thursday, April 27th
- *7th Grade Escalante Canyon Field Experience - May 1st - 4th
- *Volunteers needed. Click here for more info and to sign up.
- *3rd Grade Nature Knowledge Days Devils Canyon Trip - May 8th & 9th
- *Volunteers needed.Click here for more info and to sign up.
- "Colorado History" Escalante Canyon Trip w/ DIA - May 11th
- *3rd Grade Nature Knowledge Days Devils Canyon Trip - May 18th & 19th
- Dinosaur Days - Saturday, June 10th