Trail Stewardship Program
With generous support from our local REI, Colorado Canyons Association has revamped our Trail Stewardship Program for the National Conservation Areas in western Colorado.
In monitoring the diverse recreation areas and trail types found across all three of western Colorado’s NCAs, our program empowers volunteers to provide BLM with relevant and timely "observational monitoring data" about how, when and by whom, these areas are being used. For example, Stewards answer straightforward questions like, "How many groups did you encounter while you were on the trail?" and "In what activities were they participating?" This information is critical to BLM’s effective management of these unique and well-loved resources.
Long story short, our Trail Stewardship Program makes it easy for volunteers to participate by simply integrating the data collection into their everyday experiences while out enjoying the NCAs!!
Upcoming Trail Stewardship Events:
- Thursday, September 28th - Trail Stewardship Program Volunteer Training
- This is specifically designed for new volunteers, however, if you are a past or current Trail Steward and you’d like to assist with the training, please just let me know, we’d love to have you assist!
- Saturday, September 30th - National Public Lands Day Trail Stewardship/Interpretive Hike
- Wednesday, October 11th - National Fossil Day Trail Stewardship/Interpretive Outing
- Friday, November 24th - #OptOutside Trail Stewardship/Interpretive Hike
To become a Trail Steward or to receive info on upcoming trainings & group outings, contact Killian Rush at email@example.com or 970-263-7902.