It's been a great few months of activities focused on stewardship and conservation on our local National Conservation Areas.
Some highlights include:
|McInnis Canyons NCA photo by Sarah Lanci|
- Two successful river cleanups within Dominguez-Escalate NCA and McInnis Canyons NCA.
- A fun and well attended Hot Tomato Mixer held August 26th.
- An exciting and educational hike guided by BLM Archaeologist Glade Hadden in Gunnison Gorge NCA.
- Attended numerous events and farmers markets to inform people of the work CCA has been doing.
Upcoming events include:
- September 8th Gunnison Gorge NCA birding hike with Jason Beason 8:00-11:00 A.M.
- September 27th fall trail monitoring class in Fruita.
- October 4th Guided hike on Big Dominguez Creek in Dominguez Escalate NCA 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.
- October 6-7th Dominguez-Escalate NCA third grade scavenger hunt-Volunteers needed to help run stations.
To find out more about any of the listed events or to volunteer please email Bryanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.